My Imagination

Obviously we have been told not write about what we’ve done in workshops, however I feel that the exercise we did where we required three different hats or accessories is something that I should blog about since it had an impact on my ideas.

I can honestly say that with my previous post, I thought I’d found my idea at long last. However, I really loved the exercise we did and considering we also had a presentation about Eric Bogosian, I felt that I had another idea springing to mind. I enjoyed getting up and acting in front of everyone and, despite the fact that I don’t think I am too brilliant at accents, it was a really good experience for myself. I found it really enjoyable purely because I pretty much thought of my three characters 10 minutes before we started performing. As well as this, I thought I gave myself a boost of confidence by adding accents into my performance as this isn’t something I’ve ever considered doing as part of a performance before.

The idea this exercise gave me, along with the accompaniment of looking at Eric Bogosian, was imitating the two people I live with. This is something I think I would definitely have at least 10 minutes of material for as they have produced so many things I would love to imitate. There has been moments that you could have seen in a sit-com because as I myself sit there and watch them, it’s difficult sometimes to not burst out laughing at how hilarious they both are.

For example, one of the guys I live with, also a third year drama student, is most definitely a hypochondriac. He’ll make a massive deal about the tiniest of pains on him, or he’ll hear a tiny sound that neither I or my other house mate heard and you’d have thought there might have been someone breaking into the house. But the other guy I live with, the one thing I would have to pick out is how much he can get wound up over FIFA. It’s his anger and what he says is what I would love to emulate to an audience.

The fact that I have had 2 posts now and both have 3 ideas between them shows how my imagination can be influenced by the littlest of things or something that interests me or makes me laugh. This was the case with the exercise we had done and how amusing and interesting I found Bogosian. With this in mind, I may have to research a little more into him and consider his ideas a little more closely.